Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Off I Go!

Panoramic view of the sunset on my last night on the ferry. Yowza!
It was my first time leaving southeast without getting on an airplane, and it was a glorious trip. Can't thank Adam Andis enough for the hospitality in Sitka.

Had two solid days on the ferry camped out in the solarium, just like this.

My good friend Beau was kind enough to take me on a hike up Deer Mountain during a surprise six hour layover in Ketchikan.

After a long, restorative weekend with family in LaConner and friends in Seattle, I'm finally hitting the road in earnest. I've already got a couch to surf on in Marblemount tomorrow, right at the base of the Cascades. Then it'll be a quick hop over the Cascades (I'm afraid I'm lying to myself about just how quick a hop it'll be, but time will tell), then on toward my parents' house in the panhandle of Idaho.

Pretty slick jersey, eh?
Thanks so much to everyone who's contributed to the ride so far. I'm already almost up to the halfway point of my goal! Might just have to up that to two dollars per mile...

Multiple people suggested I take the cheesy pictures of the rear wheel in the Pacific, soon to be followed by that front wheel in the Atlantic. How could I resist?

My Uncle Bill is kind enough to ride with me a bit tomorrow morning. Off I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment